Statistical Analyst, Analytical Sciences
|Salary Range:||Based on experience|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Disability, HSA & FSA,|
Walker is a customer intelligence consulting firm that provides comprehensive solutions for some of the world's most influential companies. Helping businesses for more than 70 years, Walker specializes in customer retention and growth strategies, using predictive analytics, cutting edge technology, and expert consultation to deliver results for our clients. Our corporate office is located on the north side of Indianapolis near 103rd & Meridian.
As an associate in Marketing Sciences, you will enjoy using your methodological skills and employing quantitative methods to derive actionable insights from data, using those insights to shape business decisions. On a day-to-day basis, you will enjoy variety in your work- from providing custom and exploratory analytic solutions to conducting analysis around Walker's proprietary model - as you interact with a diverse team of statistical analysts, business consultants, program managers, technical staff, and client contacts. A successful associate in this position will possess the following characteristics: a broad statistical skill set, strong analytical mindset, curiosity, clear communication skills, flexibility, comfort with ambiguity, ability to hypothesize about complex relationships, ability to synthesize key findings in data with high dimensionality, ability to explain statistical/technical complex concepts in an easy to understand manner, and will enjoy working independently and as part of a team.
- Work with account teams to understand clients' business issues and data challenges.
- Collaborate with account teams on program design and interpretation of analytic findings.
- Conduct high-quality, detailed analyses of client survey data using sound, appropriate statistical techniques. This includes analysis of Walker's proprietary model.
- Specific analytics required will include: regression analysis, correlation analysis, factor analysis, and statistical testing. Other analyses may include: latent class, CHAID, linkage analysis (linking survey data to financial or other business metrics), structural equation modeling, and more.
- Collaborate with Marketing Sciences Manager on internal analytic trainings.
- Collaborate with Marketing Sciences Manager and VP of Statistical Solutions on furthering Walker's product and statistical offerings.
Background and Experience Should Include:
- Master's degree in Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Business, or related field (preferred) or Bachelor's degree and four years' experience applying statistics to answer research/business questions.
- Experience designing research projects.
- Working knowledge of correlation, regression, and statistical testing. Knowledge and experience using techniques in the SEM, segmentation and longitudinal realm is a plus.
- Intermediate skills in SPSS or SAS and Microsoft Office products. Skill in using R considered a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex details of analysis to a non-analytical audience.
- Critical problem solver, able to solve problems and answer questions by synthesizing and connecting insights
- Must be extremely organized and able to manage multiple projects at the same time, working under the constraints of strict deadlines and short turnaround times.
- Possess an innate curiosity and desire to find evidence to answer questions or support decision-making.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our organization offers a casual dress code and a generous paid time off program, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. If interested, please visit our website at http://www.walkerinfo.com/ for additional information and to apply online.